Electrix Sample Case
- Show the ease of installation and versatility of Electrix's prefab cove forms and their compatible luminaires.
- Revamp of the long "gun case" style sample cases previously employed.
- Be light enough for a salesperson to easily carry around a city - running up subway stairs and fighting rush hour traffic.
- The high performance luminaires need to be shown if there was no power available.
Solution / Innovation
- I developed USB chargeable luminaires with our CMs in China so they can illuminate in any sales scenario. They hold a charge for over 24 hours of demonstration. The luminaires drop into 4" wide samples of each cove form.
- The short luminaires allowed me to shrink the size of the case.
- I designed the case employing the Electrix color palette to stand out on a shelf for sales agents against all of the black cases.
- At the end of the day, the entire case is plugged into the wall to recharge.
- I included extra USB ports for phone chargers so sales people can recharge their devices between appointments... also a nice reminder that Electrix loves them!
- The agent network loved the cases. There were two runs of the cases issued in 2018, with over 50 cases in use nationwide.
- The case design was reused for Electrix's LumiLine linear luminaires and the MagneConnect slot system.
- 2018 GD USA In-house Design Award for Sales Promotion