Creative, driven leader offering a range of accomplishments in traditional, digital, and grassroots sales and marketing initiatives to build businesses to reach new heights in revenue, margin, and customer experience. A strategic thinker focusing on the details to ensure excellence of execution. Strong team builder and talent developer leading others to excel. Advanced business acumen, negotiating, and technology skills.
Principal | Eric Murray Creates | New Haven, CT | 2019 – Present
Entrepreneurial venture providing user experience consultation, marketing solutions, branding, content creation and management, and social media strategy. Provide regular reports on campaign success and relevant KPIs.
- Led UX redesign of Q-INMASS ERP software ensuring seamless experience across the platform, coordinating with founders and software engineers to optimize their product through good design as a standard business practice.
Marketing Manager | Electrix, LLC | New Haven, CT | 2016 – 2019
Hired with mandate to relaunch marketing department: responsible for creation and execution of multichannel marketing strategy. Managed all communications, product launches, media and advertising, event and trade show engagements, sales tools, marketing budget, marketing calendar, and all in-house employees, contractors, and agency relationships.
- Redesigned and launched five company websites; featured new CMS, UI, photography, and SEO-focused content. Doubled Electrix.com traffic in three months, increased spec sheet downloads 34%, and boosted other KPIs.
- Grew email list 1300%. Average open and click-through rates grew to 20%+.
- Responsible for trade show and event strategy, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, and promotion.
- Created MagneConnect.com to launch new product. Integrated lead generation tools and gated content for lead capture. Developed video, email campaign, print and digital advertising, supporting collateral plus powerful tradeshow debut.
- Established product induction process for industrial sales channel to introduce product to MRO distribution network: Grainger, MSC, McMaster Carr, Berkshire e-Supply, ThermoFischer and others.
- Created first-of-their-kind USB-chargable sample cases to support sales agents.
- Earned AIA Advertising Excellence and five GD USA InHouse Design and Agency awards.
- Earned media in Architectural Record, Snap, Architectural Lighting, and Architect magazines.
Managing Partner | Shoreline Piano | North Branford, CT | 2006 – 2015
Assumed leadership of family owned used piano store in 2006 and grew it to be a major new and used piano retailer with repair and restorations services. Built a cross-functional team of eight with a reputation for sales and service leadership.
- Led team and personally engaged in one-to-one sales activities to increase revenue 20-40% year-over-year, from $375K to peak of $1.2M. Created institutional sales program that grew to 50+ schools and organizations.
- Developed and executed all elements of a comprehensive marketing program encompassing digital (Google Ad Words, SEO, etc), social media, direct mail, special event experiences and other efforts.
- Implemented in-house moving, tuning, repair, and restoration services. Cross-trained team and increased sales 30%.
- Negotiated aggressively to make purchases for $300K inventory that would realize 45-55% gross margins. Optimized profitability by identifying high-margin opportunities including factory seconds and other opportunistic purchases.
- In addition to navigating business growth over 10-year period, planned for orderly and financially sound wind-down in 2015. Liquidated all inventory. Exited with no outstanding liabilities.
Founder | JM Graphics Group | North Haven, CT | 2003 – 2008
Founded graphic design and marketing company working with small businesses to establish web presence, create multi-format print ads, and large-format catalogs. Evolved into online retailer with multiple e-commerce sites generating $500K+ annual revenue.
Director | Jazz Haven, Inc. | New Haven, CT | 2011 – 2017
Served the community in volunteer role to bring world-class musicians into greater New Haven. Provided marketing, management, and strategy development skills to engage community, volunteers, fans, and local businesses. Rebranded Jazz Haven with new logo design and website re-launch. Served in various hands-on capacities: festival committee member, communications chair, art director, volunteer coordinator, and program committee member. Vice President from fall 2016 through end of 2017.
- Elected by board to paid position of Festival Coordinator 2016. Grew attendance to 9,000 from previous average of 5,000. Leveraged facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to drive attendance.
- Launched new weekly music series in 2017, an ongoing program that rotates through New Haven venues.
- Grew New Haven Jazz festival from a single afternoon to a 10-day event with shows in various venues.
PC / Mac | MS Office Suite | Google Suite | OpenOffice Suite | Adobe Creative Cloud | Google Analytics, AdWords | SalesForce | Constant Contact | MailChimp | HubSpot | HTML | WordPress | Hootsuite | Unbounce | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn
Bachelor of Arts, Communication, Legal Institutions, Economics & Government | American University | Washington, D.C. | 2003
ServSafe Manager Certification | National Restaurant Association | 2019
Inbound Marketing Certification | Hubspot Academy | 2019